One year ago today, Craig and I mailed our application for an international adoption from Bulgaria to our placing agency. I remember hastily running off copies in the morning and then realizing that we were missing a document. We emailed our contact person at the agency and, even though it was a Saturday, she quickly sent it to us again. We filled it out and rushed everything to the local post office before it closed. It was very important to us to be able to get the initial paperwork for this adventure mailed on a day that celebrates love.
So, today is the first anniversary of the date we consider the official beginning of our adoption journey. Let’s hope that by the time the second anniversary rolls around, we will have a referral!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Valentine's Day! This is what love is all about:)
ReplyDeleteWell, I just talked to both of you on the phone today, not having any idea it was the 1 year anniversary. I just want you and Craig to know I am as excited about your children( my grandchildren-numbers 10 and 11) as I was about the first 9 grandchildren. The anticipation is however quite a bit longer!
ReplyDeleteI am hanging in there with you both and also dreaming of the new members of our family we have yet to meet and love.
Happy Valentine's Day!