Even though we are a little behind this year, I love our Christmas traditions and can’t wait to share them with our son next December. Every time I wrap a present or open a holiday card or watch a Christmas movie or sneak a molasses spice cookie, I think of him and how all of these experiences will become part of his life in 2011.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Hohoho & Mistletoe
With nearly two weeks into December, our household is only about half way ready for Christmas. Holiday baking has been in full force. Last week we personally delivered Christmas treats to nine recipients, yesterday morning we sent several boxes of goodies to family and friends around the world, and next week another package needs to go off to Germany.
A dozen or so cards have made it into the mail with more waiting to be written and I did manage to book a large cabin last minute for our extended family Christmas overnight celebration next weekend. But our Christmas tree isn’t up yet. Can you believe it? I am hoping today will finally be the day we manage to bring it up from the basement and decorate it. I’d like to enjoy the glow and sparkle before the season’s over.
Even though we are a little behind this year, I love our Christmas traditions and can’t wait to share them with our son next December. Every time I wrap a present or open a holiday card or watch a Christmas movie or sneak a molasses spice cookie, I think of him and how all of these experiences will become part of his life in 2011.
Even though we are a little behind this year, I love our Christmas traditions and can’t wait to share them with our son next December. Every time I wrap a present or open a holiday card or watch a Christmas movie or sneak a molasses spice cookie, I think of him and how all of these experiences will become part of his life in 2011.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment