Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MOJ Adoption Data 2010

The Bulgarian Ministry of Justice has released statistics for 2010 international adoptions in a document entitled: “Statistics on Number of Administrative Closed Procedures for International Adoptions in 2010.” This document includes a three column table as well as a pie chart. I believe that column 1 shows the receiving countries for 2010 adoptions and column 2 the numbers of children for whose adoption consent was granted by the Minister of Justice. I am not certain about the information in column 3. It may refer to adoptions in process.

In any case, here’s the data: Italy 98, USA 43, Germany 21, Sweden 11, Spain 7, France 7, Canada 5, Netherlands 4, Norway 3, Greece 3, Cyprus 3, Luxemburg 2, Switzerland 1, Bahrain 1. This makes for a total of 211 international adoptions from Bulgaria last year.

At the bottom of the chart, the document notes a discrepancy in the total numbers which I don’t understand. Maybe someone else can take a look and figure it out.

Справка по държави за брой преписки с дадено съгласие за международно осиновяване от Министъра на правосъдието за 2010г.

No comments:

Post a Comment