Friday, March 4, 2011

Drowning My Sorrows

I have been drowning my adoption sorrows in the kitchen again, trying out new recipes and experimenting with old favorites. It helps pass the time and temporarily takes my mind off adoption matters.

I recently made an enormous mushroom and bell pepper pizza with lots of garlic and basil on a homemade crust. It was so good that we definitely ate too much that night.


Our three nephews came for a sleepover one Saturday and for breakfast the next day I served them fresh fruit and chocolate chip pancakes. Nothing exciting about the pancakes except that they were (somewhat) heart-shaped and a big hit with the kids.


I tried out a recipe for yogurt honey muffins because I got a great deal on whole milk organic yogurt at the store. They don’t look like much, but they are oh so tender, moist and lemony.


Even though we didn’t feel much like celebrating due to the uncertainties and delays we have been experiencing in our son’s adoption, I baked a special treat for his birthday: a cream cheese and fruit danish. Craig said it tasted better than a favorite Entenmann’s pastry we occasionally enjoy, so I’d call this birthday cake a great success.

1 comment:

  1. all looks yummy, hope you hear some good news soon. Can your agency do something about the delays?

    ReplyDelete