I have been thinking for a while about how we could pay forward all the kindness that was extended to us throughout our adoption journey and since our children have come home. It has certainly not been an easy four years, but family and friends, old and new, near and far, have helped us through.
Craig and I decided that one way to pay it forward is to participate in the fundraisers of others, whether they be for orphanages, waiting children, or for adopting families. We have set aside $365 to distribute throughout the year for this purpose. I know it's not much, just $1 a day, to express our gratitude and remind ourselves of our own blessings.
So, if you have a fundraiser going on that you would like us to consider, just send me an email or leave a comment on whatever the most recent entry to our blog is at the time and we'll take a look at your cause. I will try to donate about $30 per month and if I have time, let you know how the money was spent.
Happy New Year to everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fantastic idea and great way to kick off the New Year. We don't have a set amount but donate to various fundraisers here and there. I don't think anyone realizes how much gratitude you feel for others that have helped you along the way unless they've been in the same situation. Thanks for doing this and it will indeed bless many families along the way. Happy New Year! BTW, we're going to want some more fudge at that reunion. BEST...FUDGE...EVER!!!
ReplyDelete