I know I am running a bit late on this post since it's been crazy here (more on that in a few days), but I still wanted to let you know where our Pay It Forward money went for these last two months.
The first family we decided to support are the Wrights. I have been in touch with Marriya Wright for about a year because she's mom to Miss Bozhi from Bulgaria, a teen for whom I advocated a few times. Miss B came home in March and is eagerly awaiting the arrival of two more family members, 17 year-old Nora and 14-year-old Ani who are bio sisters. These three girls have spent several years together as friends in the same orphanage. The Wrights met Nora and Ani on their first trip to visit Bozhi and decided to adopt them as well. Bringing home three teens in a year in two different adoption procedures is no small feat, so we donated $50 to the Wrights. You can follow their journey here and if you are interested in helping them financially, please email me at viviane 8 at yahoo dot com and I will put you in touch with Marriya.
The second fundraiser we supported with a $10 contribution is a yummy one... can you say Krispy Kreme? It's a tax deductible donation through Project Hopeful to help a little girl from China come home to her family. You can find the details for the Krispy Kreme fundraiser here or go directly to Project Hopeful's Urgent Needs site and scroll down until you see Corrie to make a donation.
I can't believe that Pay It Forward 2013 is half over. If you would like us to consider a specific family, fundraiser, child, or orphan cause for July, please let us know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment