Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weekend Review

It's been a busy weekend for us, but also very productive.

Yesterday, there was a big fundraiser at Rex's preschool, a holiday bazaar with 28 vendors.  Since I was the main organizer of the event, I was there from before 8:00 am until after 4:00 pm.  Fortunately, I had lots of help from other parents and the preschool staff.  Once we totaled our earnings at the end of the day, we had raised over $1220  for the kids' classroom.  I can't wait to decide how to spend the funds and see the children get new equipment, materials, and experiences.



Today was a day to catch up at home: laundry, dishes, cleaning, paperwork, and re-organizing the basement as we need to put up two walls now to keep Rex contained in the play area and away from the storage and furnace/water heater.

In the afternoon I baked a batch of cookies for our local firemen.  It's part of a November Giving Back initiative that Craig and his team at work are doing this month.  So much fun to be a part of it.  Craig and Rex are heading to the firehouse in a few minutes to drop off these Oatmeal Ginger Chewies:


Tomorrow will be a rough day as Rex will be going under anesthesia for several hours for extensive medical testing.  We have to be at the hospital at 6:30 and probably won't leave there until about 1:00 pm.  I  know I will not rest easy until my little boy has woken up from the anesthesia and is his energetic self again.  If you would keep Rex in your thoughts during this time tomorrow, we'd appreciate it so much.

I'll leave you with our favorite weekend memory, some minutes of sweet sibling love in front of the TV:


No comments:

Post a Comment