Well, there is no update, really, except that by quite a coincidence we were blessed with new photos and video of our big little girl today which made us so happy.
Our dossier has been in Big Sister's birth country for six weeks. The next meeting of the government's adoption commission is slated to take place in mid-April, so we are hoping that we will then be approved as adoptive parents and invited to visit Big Sister. Fingers crossed.
Waiting is hard and there's not a day that goes by that we don't think or talk about our little girl thousands of miles away. But this time around, I am also noticing how much I have grown as a person in the last three years. I am not a pillar of patience by any means, but Rex and Emilia have taught me a certain level of acceptance about the things I cannot change, they have taught me to roll more smoothly with the ebb and flow of life, and to stay in the moment as much as possible instead of worrying about the future. All of these lessons have been helpful on this, our third, adoption journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you received some updates! Hoping you get to meet your new little addition soon!
ReplyDeleteSo would you be willing to share these photos with a couple of friends that you are going to be seeing tomorrow? :) Looking forward to visiting with you guys and letting the kids play!
ReplyDelete