Chicken salad: there are very few things that I make that all three of my kids like to eat or are able to eat. I recently resurrected the chicken salad and it's currently a rare favorite with all the small Martinis. The recipe is simple: white chicken, fresh basil leaves, garlic, a pinch of salt, and mayo mixed together in a food processor. Ella likes it in a wrap for her school lunch, Rex enjoys it on a chip and Emilia eats it straight up from a spoon. Win-win-win.
Allowance: Ella has started to receive a weekly allowance of $1.00. In addition to her regular unpaid chores, she can earn an extra 50 cents for folding a basket of laundry without being asked at any time and another dollar for cleaning her room (put everything into its place and sweep) once a week. She's already done both chores multiple times. She has three little jars for keeping her money: Save, Spend, and Give. Ella's saving for either a new bike helmet or a pair of rain boots, so I was especially touched when she put 50 cents into the Give jar with the words, "Everyone needs a little help." She made her first purchase of a mood necklace and four pieces of candy as well, two pieces for herself and two for Emilia as she informed me while choosing. Rex doesn't like any candy, otherwise I am sure she would have thought of him, too.
Birthday greetings:
Therapies: We're going through a lot of changes in the kids' therapies. We're staying with the same practice, but the therapists are now new hires under the experienced lead therapist/owner. Even at Rex's school, Rex is working with a new OT and new ABA person and a new Kindergarten teacher. Fortunately, he's not picky in this regard and completes his tasks for just about anyone.
Acquired torticollis: That was Emilia's official diagnosis after a play-related injury. She's fine now, but she was in quite a bit of pain for about 48 hours, "Head hurts. I sad."
Hearts: Ella worked very hard on a secret craft project one afternoon. Before bed, she had all of us sit on the couch, so she could share the surprise with us. She had cut out hearts for each of us and written our names on them. Granted, the hearts look more like Rorschach inkblots, but you gotta love what she was conveying to us.
Weather: We had the best weather this month. I guess I can now let go of our botched June.
Sprained ankle: It happened to Craig. He's wearing a boot.
The hearts are really sweet. And planning the entire thing. Where do you think she gets that from ;)
ReplyDeletep.s. Are the 'Spend, save, share jars Moon Jars?" If so they are made less than a mile away from where I live.
ReplyDeleteNo, our jars are just little plastic containers with lids (green, blue, white) I found on the clearance shelf at Hobby Lobby. I used letter stickers to put the words spends, save and give on them. They sit up high on a shelf and when Ella wants to do her money, she asks for them to be taken down for her.
ReplyDelete