As I mentioned before, we chose a new CSA this year which is located about 30 miles from our home. My main reasons to switch were that this CSA offers fruits and veggies (as opposed to just veggies with our supplier last year), that I can customize my box with what's in season (as opposed to having to accept whatever was chosen for our weekly box) and that they deliver to our door (as opposed to going to a pick-up site at a certain time). I also really appreciated the farmer giving me a lot of her time over the phone as I asked her about their growing practices etc. She invited our family to come out to the farm any time to see where our produce is grown.
Yesterday our first box arrived. It was quite exciting. I had said no to chard, asparagus and green onions because I'd be the only one here eating them. Instead, I doubled up on lettuces and snap peas and tomatoes from their green house. So our box included four of these packages of snap peas, two of tomatoes, and four really big bags of mixed baby salad greens, and spinach.
 |
| Showing one of each |
And today I ate my first locally grown salad of the season for lunch. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment