Sunday, January 22, 2017

This & That

I know it's been quiet around here and truthfully, there's not much to report.  It's January and we're kind of hibernating.  My mom is here for the month and spoiling the kids and mending our clothes and trying to decide on the best treatment path for her shoulder injury.  Since my mom is giving me a hand with the everyday chores, I am trying to catch up on some bigger projects like cleaning out closets and organizing the office and basement.

The kids are rocking along in school and it's IEP season again.  Craig and I are both pretty busy with our jobs, so it's helpful that there aren't a lot of social engagements this time of year though we had a lovely dinner with friends last week, attended the birthday party of one of Rex's friends, and are looking forward to meeting our new cousin before the end of this month.

Rex has a new behavior therapist who consistently works 25 hours a week with him. She's terrific (Rex loves her and asks for her by name), really interested and engaged with Rex and it shows in Rex's progress.  The kid let me shop at The GAP (store closing in our local mall) the other day for an entire hour while trudging along patiently even though he really, really wanted to ride the escalator some more.

We met with a contractor to discuss remodeling our kitchen and dining room a bit and we're now on his schedule at the start of April - so exciting.  My washer and dryer won't be in the basement anymore when the remodel is finished which will make housework a lot easier. No more lugging heavy laundry baskets up and down the stairs and around corners and through doors I have to unlock first (kid-proof) and narrow hallways.  I know, I know, first world problems.  I started looking at colors which is a little tricky as we're not starting with a blank slate and am open to recommendations for a stackable washer/dryer combo.

Thus far we're having a mild winter in our area with temps hovering around 60 on some days and highs not dropping below the 40s most of the time.  But I know February and March could still bring us lots of snow and cold.  We'll take it as it comes.

Hope everyone reading here is well and had a great start to 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment