Monday, August 21, 2017

The Solar Eclipse

I am glad we got to kick off our home school year with a very exciting science unit, culminating in today's solar eclipse with over 90% coverage in our area.  We studied earth's patterns and the solar system for three weeks.




Then Ella had the opportunity to take a class at the Cincinnati Observatory.  Sitting at the sidelines of this class, I was really proud to see Ella raise her hand to answer questions and knowing such facts as the sun being the center of our solar system, one million earths being able to fit into the sun, and the sun giving us light, heat and energy.


Solar prints

And today, we met up with fellow home schooling friends for an eclipse lunch and viewing.




I think the adults in attendance were even more excited than the kids about seeing this eclipse.  We're already looking forward to 2024 when we will be just a short drive from the path of totality.

No comments:

Post a Comment