Thursday, October 12, 2017

Emilia Is Eight

My baby girl is eight!  Wait, what?



Sometimes it feels like Emilia gets a little short-changed on her birthday which follows a string of back to back annual events in our lives, so this year I decided to take extra special care with her party.  I kept the guest list very small (family and her best friends only) because large groups can stress her out.  I prepared only foods that she likes and can eat (so often at parties Emilia's food allergies prevent her from enjoying what everyone else is having) and we hired a musician to play her favorite songs.  I had it all worked out, but could not change the unseasonably hot temperatures which plagued our guests and us at this outdoor party.  Nonetheless, I believe Emilia enjoyed her celebration surrounded by those who love her.




Happy birthday, sweet Emilia!
You're the bringer of joy, innocence, and laughter,
The giver of endless love from a pure and strong heart.
You keep slaying the beasts of your past that still come to haunt you
And bravely moving forward.
You're growing and learning 
on your own terms and in your own time.
Daddy and I rejoice at having you as our daughter.
We love you forever and ever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment