Wednesday, August 14, 2019

And So It Begins Again

Today is the first day of school for my newly minted third graders.   As usual, I am filled more with worry than with joy as they embark on this next leg of their journey.  There are many transitions especially for Emilia this time around because she has been assigned to a nearly completely new team of teachers and therapists.


She's gotten bigger and a new lunchbox to hold more food was finally in order.


I will miss her squeals from the pool throughout the day, her wardrobe changes from morning till night, and the many many hugs, kisses and words of love I receive from her while she's at home.  I will miss taking her big brother's decoy pizza out of the freezer each morning around 10, so he could eat the frozen pepperoni off it.  I will miss seeing his smiling face in the backyard hammock with a bag of potato chips and some music, and his zest for swimming and diving under the water at summer's every opportunity.


Rex has finally outgrown the backpack he has been using since he was 3.5 years old and received a new one, as did Emilia.


I hope to do daily encouraging messages again on Rex's applesauce.


Here's to 2019/20.  May it be a good year for learning and growth for my sweet babes.  May they feel safe, happy, understood by their educators, and cherished by their friends.  I love you both so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment