Saturday, December 21, 2019

Autism Treatment Center in Rural Armenia

Family preservation is the absolute best way to address the worldwide orphan crisis, but often families find themselves forced into placing their children into state care because they have no support to raise them.  A group of moms in Artashat, which is in rural Armenia, decided to be the change.  They have opened an Autism Therapy Center in hopes that their children with developmental special needs will receive some level of education and social participation rather than having to be hidden away at home.  

When I learned about these brave families and their mission, I knew immediately that I had to get involved.  With the help of several adoptive moms of Armenian-born children and other friends, we were able to collect over $800 worth of therapy equipment which will ship to Armenia in January.  We simply cannot wait to see the students there use all of these items.

If anyone reading this post is interested in helping as well, you can do so via GoFundMe here.


Image may contain: one or more people and people sitting
Therapy in progress at the center

No comments:

Post a Comment