Saturday, November 14, 2020

Cooking Frenzy

About once a week, I try to set aside three to four hours to cook some of the meals we will be eating in the days to come.  This morning I got started before 8:00 am and finished around 11:00.  I made a TexMex Veggie soup that will be our dinner tonight and then part of lunch another day alongside a sandwich.  The quiche is for tomorrow's dinner and if there are leftovers, it gives us a lunch when paired with a side salad.  I made a buttermilk pie with a walnut pistachio top crust to be part of tomorrow's brunch and then a few breakfasts served with a cup of fruit during the week.  The cookies are for a neighbor as a thank you.



And finally, some cranberry pistachio fudge just for fun.



I won't be cooking again until Tuesday's dinner because everything we will be eating in the next 72 hours is either fully prepared now or doesn't require use of the stove/oven.  Time to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment