Monday, December 7, 2020

2020 Holidays Week 1

I am a self-acknowledged Grinch, a Scrooge.  I'm okay with it.  I could skip all the holidays and be just fine.  But for some reason I was chosen to raise a child that delights in all things December.  So, mostly for her, I buy into the spirit of the season and make it special.


We've never done Elf on the Shelf before and probably won't again, but this year there was a chance to support another adoptive family by purchasing an elf kit, so we did.  The elf has already been quite busy in her first 6 days with us.

Arrival overnight with mask on

Emilia wouldn't try the reindeer poop
because "it's from the butt."

Reading Emilia's current fave book


I baked and we delivered Christmas cookies to family and friends.



We decorated the tree.


And, of course, St. Nick delivered the kids' holiday pajamas and our lazy elf just co-tailed on that event.


Week one - done!

No comments:

Post a Comment