Friday, March 18, 2022

St. Patrick's Day 2022

There's only one of us here who can claim to have some Irish ancestry, so this day isn't really a big deal for us.  But last year, just for fun, I planned a little leprechaun hunt for Emilia.  It turns out it was memorable because she asked to do it again in 2022.  So, for today, I threw together a quick leprechaun hunt - we didn't catch it, but we did find its treasure - and a few other fun activities for home school.





Treats for neighborhood friends


Also on this day in history amid my current efforts to clean out the freezer, I defrosted a tub of mystery contents.  It turned out to be mashed sweet potato when I had thought that it might be soup or stew.  So, there I was with about two cups of sweet potato.  I quickly adjusted dinner plans and turned this surprise ingredient (in baking competitions they call it the twist) into burgers by combining it with  ingredients from a few different recipes I'd reviewed online (garbanzo beans, fresh cilantro and green onion, cumin, chili powder, salt, breadcrumbs and eggs).  It turned out to be a healthy and satisfying meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment