Wednesday, May 24, 2023

High School In The Headlights

Tomorrow is Big Girl's last day of 8th grade which means in September she will be in high school.  Eek - didn't I just put a newly minted Kindergartener with a heavy Armenian accent on the school bus on a cold January morning?


Big Girl had an overall excellent school year and completed her classes at her home school co-op with straight As.  Her schedule included four high school level classes (Health, Basic Language Arts, American Sign Language, Independent Study Art) and between those courses and the ones she completed in 7th grade, she has now already earned six of the 21 credits required for high school graduation in our state.


In September, she will begin four additional high school courses at the co-op: Geoscience (an elective) and Algebra 1, Personal Finance/Stock Market, and Contemporary US and World History (graduation requirements).  Here at home, I will teach her a US Literature class, a prospect about which I am pretty giddy.  I have already started designing my curriculum and I think it will be challenging and fun.


We're proud of our Big Girl and looking forward to what the next four years hold.



Updated: Last breakfast of 8th grade


1 comment: