Big Girl is off to her homeschool co-op today to begin tenth grade. She will be taking geometry, biology, ancient history and a painting/drawing class there. In April, she will take the state's standardized high school assessments in Biology and Geometry. Last April she took them in US History and Algebra 1.
At home, I am teaching Big Girl one of her Language Arts electives: The History of Western Drama. We started in June and plan to have the 130 required hours completed by the end of 2024.
Big Girl is not a morning person and does not like to eat breakfast which she usually prepares for herself. Often, we have to remind her to take a little something at least to avoid getting hangry before lunch. Today, I treated her to a blast from the past with a small piece of Fairy Toast and was happy that this elicited a rare teen smile and an "Aww, like when I was little."
I was glad to see that she packed herself a hearty school lunch (ham, cheese, arugula, hummus sandwich with a side of sliced apples and bell peppers).
Here's to a great sophomore year!


No comments:
Post a Comment