Here's a look at my finds. Not a bad batch for $25, methinks.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
If You Build It, S(He) Will Come
The title of this blog describes approximately what went through my mind last Saturday when I found myself at a local elementary school's annual consignment sale and bought $25 worth of kids' clothes. I could explain my behavior by noting that one of the adoption books I read said that parents waiting for a referral should act like expectant parents, so buying clothes fits the bill. But if I am honest, the whole thing was an act of faith, something I had to do to renew my confidence in the fact that some day our children will be here and need to be dressed every morning.
Here's a look at my finds. Not a bad batch for $25, methinks.


Here's a look at my finds. Not a bad batch for $25, methinks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I did the same thing when we started. Our sons closet is full of 2/3 yr old clothes. I just ordered some blue curtains for his room this past weekend. Next his room needs a blue rug which will probably be next months purchase.
ReplyDeleteVery cute and yes you got a GREAT deal!! The only thing that is keeping my from getting the ready ready is that the room is currently occupied by 2 stinky boys that would not like flowers and pink :)
ReplyDeleteOur kids' room is currently my arts and crafts room. I will not work on converting it until after we have gone on the first trip and officially accepted the children. If we adopt two girls, I can make the room a little more feminine (and my little nephew will get all the boy's clothes), but if it's a boy and a girl, I will likely stick to yellows or greens. I'll keep it pretty simple either way as we've been taught that the less is more approach makes for an easier adjustment when coming from an orphanage setting. We can always add stuff later.
ReplyDelete