Monday, October 18, 2010

Bibs or Bust

One of the things that I had always intended to donate to our children’s orphanage(s) are bibs. Specifically, I was looking for tie closure bibs as I think Velcro bibs hurt the tender skin on babies’ necks and collect lint and other gunk in the wash. After some research, I realized that tie closure bibs are not easy to find, so I asked my friend Whitney to check with her seamstress on the price of having some bibs made. A few weeks later, Whitney told me that her seamstress, along with the members of her church sewing circle, would like to make the bibs for free and donate them. What a wonderful and generous gesture and what cute bibs!


I would like to thank the seamstresses by name or at least mention their church here, but I have been unable to find out this information. Maybe they would like to remain anonymous. So, to the women who made these bibs, our sincerest gratitude for your kindness, time, and efforts. Your thoughtfulness and generosity are deeply appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is awesome! When I see things like this, I am really grateful there are people in the world who are creative and crafty because I could never do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are currently in the process of adopting from Bulgaria! Just starting on the home study, but your blog is encouraging! Question: did u ship these things to the orphanage?

    ReplyDelete