Yesterday Rex and I had a wonderful all day visit from cousin Colton. As I expected, the two boys did not really play interactively together because Rex is still in the parallel play stage and Colton does not want to share. Nonetheless, I loved the fact that Colton set an example with some activities and Rex watched and then tried to imitate him to the best of his abilities. With this method we got Rex to open and close a zipper, to stand on the trampoline on his own and “bounce” and to splash his hands into the kiddie pool at the neighbors’.
I enjoyed my conversations with Colton, too. Here are a few highlights:
Viviane: Am I Rex’s Mama?
Colton: No, you’re Biviane. And you’re a girl!
Colton jumping on the trampoline, pretending to be a frog: Ribbit, ribbit. You wanna see my jump high, Bivinan?
Viviane: I’d love to see you jump all the way up to the ceiling.
Colton: I can’t do that.
Viviane: How come?
Colton: I am too froggy.
Colton: Ohhhhh, my penis.
Viviane: What about it?
Colton: I want to squish it.
Viviane: Doesn’t that hurt?
Colton: Yeah, sometimes.
Colton: I am scared of Rex.
Viviane: How come? Is it something he does?
Colton: No, it’s because he is just a Rex.
Can’t wait for Rex to be more than just a Rex in his cousin’s eyes as the two get older, share more experiences, and grow up together.
No comments:
Post a Comment