Today a judge in Sofia made it official: we are now the grateful and blessed parents of a 24 months old girl, a tiny treasure with special needs and a wonderful spirit.
We started our adoption journey on February 14, 2009 when we mailed our application to our agency. Little did we know at the time that both of our children would be born that same year, just months apart in different countries. We received news of our Bulgarian referral on February 14, 2011. Now, almost three years from the start of this process, our family will be together for Thanksgiving next month. There’s no better reason to be grateful and to celebrate than our two beautiful, amazing, and inherently perfect children coming into our lives.
Per our agency's advice, I will not post any photos or the name of our little girl until she is safely home with us, so stay tuned.
Congrats! I can't wait to hear about your little girl and see her and Rex get to know each other. Hope you get travel dates soon!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! It's a wonderful Tuesday!! I'm so happy for you and I hope you get your travel dates real soon. We were given "tentative" dates but told that the official dates would come in one week with the adoption decree. :) I'm so happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteOverjoyed for you!!! What incredible blessings!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! So happy to hear of your good news as well. Are you going to the reunion next year in Ohio? Maybe we can finally meet then. Stephanie.
ReplyDeleteNot only am I going, I am planning it with Yvonne :).
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing! Congratulations to your family!
ReplyDeleteawesome.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteBrooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com
Yahooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a true Thanksgiving and joyous Christmas to look forward to. Yaaaay!
ReplyDelete