Monday, March 5, 2012

Emilia - Fifteen Weeks Home

I know I am quite behind, but Saturday marked fifteen weeks home for Emilia. I am not sure what’s new to report with her. She continues to be a cuddle bug when she has access to mama or daddy and she is also a thrill-seeker. You can throw her as high up in the air as possible and she loves it. She enjoys swinging, whether it’s by her arms or in an actual swing. She likes to climb and bounce.

Emilia’s receptive language seems to be expanding. She now almost always responds to us calling her name and she will come if told. Just today, I was looking at a book with her and telling her all about tigers and she began imitating the t-sound very consistently. Come one, language, come on, I know Emilia can do it, she is just holding off for some reason.

This is one of my favorite Emilia faces.

She makes it when she is surprised, sees something that excites her, or when told no.

Emilia had some bloodwork done last week and her iron levels have increased enough that she needs to take her iron supplement only through the end of March and then is done with it. Her thyroid function has also improved though it is still a bit elevated. We will re-test for it in the summer.

Emilia sleeps quite well through the nights now all by herself in the kids’ room. We may have the occasional night of hysterical laughter for an hour or hear some whimpers or leg-kicking through the wall, but most nights, there’s no need for us to get up and check on her. Emilia continues to eat well and explore gritty foods. She can now eat Arborio rice cooked in coconut milk and mixed with fruit puree with no problem. I think I will try soft orzo next. Emilia refuses anything from a fork or fingerfood still. I attempted to give her a very soaked piece of pancake yesterday and she acted like I was trying to kill her. It might be a long while before real solids are part of her diet.

Overall, Emilia is doing great. I think she gets a little more secure and comfortable here with every passing day. And I just can’t wait to see what spring has in store for her.

3 comments:

  1. her hair is getting long and she is looking so much more healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I am so glad the hair isn't in that shaggy in-between stage anymore. She also sits much better now to have it combed after bath. Still, every morning she wakes up with crazy bedhead. Craig says her hair looks like Don King's in the AM.

    ReplyDelete