Thursday, September 20, 2012

All In 23 Hours' Work


I don’t know why I desire to commemorate this information on our blog, but I do.  I guess it’s just because in over a year so much stuff around the house has fallen by the wayside that it feels really good to get some of it done now.  So, in 23 hours home alone this week, I accomplished these tasks:

Cleaned up kitchen counters
Cleaned kitchen floor and baseboards
Picked up living room
Vacuumed living room and play room
Cleaned off mantle and put up new pictures
Ironed 9 work shirts and 4 work pants for Craig
Ran and unloaded the dishwasher twice and hand-washed lots of dishes
Made M&M cookies for Rex’s therapists and for us
Prepared freezer meals for the kids: vegan sweet potato risotto and vegan banana pancakes
Cleaned out the fridge

I also had time to do this:

Read
Watch TV (it’s like the world has passed me by for a year)
Take a shower (yes, undisturbed)
Talk to my mom
Write a proper thank you note
Sleep
Sit down to eat (yes, undisturbed)

I can’t wait to knock more tasks off my to-do list in the weeks to come.  It feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment