Monday, September 3, 2012

Ready, Set, Preschool

The time has come: my little boy is going to preschool.  Tomorrow is his first day and I think we are all set here with our preparations.

We asked Craig's mom to sew a blanket and pillow case for Rex that look like the Armenian flag. I wanted him to have something at school that represents his heritage.  They turned out beautifully and even have Rex's name embroidered on them.  Thanks so much, Grandma.


I spent an obscene amount of time trying to pick a lunch box.  Seriously, I spent many days over several weeks. For a while I got all caught up in the elaborate world of Japanese Bento boxes.  I had no idea they had their own little universe of styles and accessories and such.  Wow.  But in the end, I knew this was the right lunch box for us when I saw it: a Goodbyn Original.  I bought two because you know some nights I might be lazy and not feel like washing it.  These Goodbyns are deep and I love that I can put other containers or whole pieces of fruit into them and they still close.  The different compartments allow me to keep food well separated, too.  Once the Goodbyns arrived, Rex practiced eating his lunches out of them at home.  Here's one of Rex's lunches I packed him for camp.


It wasn't difficult to settle on an L.L. Bean backpack.  Seems like people swear by their durability.  We got the junior size with a monogram of sorts.


My last terrific find came at the suggestion of a fellow adoptive momma.  I knew that I had to put Rex's name into his clothing and wondered what the easiest, quickest way to do so would be.  Enter the clothing stamp.  In just a few seconds I have any piece of Rex's (or Emilia's) wardrobe permanently inked with their names.


Everything is ready for preschool except this mama's heart.  I miss Rex already.

No comments:

Post a Comment