Sunday, January 13, 2013

Yuck, Blech, Ick


We have all been sick.

12/21 Emilia has conjunctivitis
12/25 I have a cold and lose my voice for a few days
12/29 Rex has conjunctivitis
12/29 Rex’s ear tube falls out
12/31 Emilia spikes a fever and is sick for a few days (probably flu)
01/03 Rex has a double ear infection (the other ear tube must have fallen out unnoticed)
01/05 I become completely ill with flu and don’t get out of bed for over 40 hours
01/07 Craig is sick with the flu and must stay in bed
01/10 Emilia has an ear infection
01/10 Rex is sent home sick from school and sleeps for 18 straight hours (probably flu)
01/12 A first semblance of normalcy

The conjunctivitis was successfully treated in both children and, thankfully, it seems like Craig and I dodged that bullet.  Both kids’ ear infections are cleared up as well.  Everyone in the house continues to fight a persistent cough and some of us have runny noses.  I haven’t had my normal voice since Christmas Day.  Needless to say, the last three weeks have been pretty sucky around here.  

The house is a crazy mess of holiday aftermath, daily occurrences, and illness.  Once I am feeling fully better, it will take me a long time to dig out from the mountain of accumulated work.  On the upside, any pounds I may have put on with holiday indulgences have melted away with this unintended diet.

Now a new week is about to start, one where I have commitments away from home that I must keep.  Wish me enough stamina to get through it all while continuing to recuperate.  I was hit hardest with illness among my family and seem to be taking the longest to get back up on my feet.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, yucky. Feel better soon, Marty fam. I came down with the flu whilst on my flight to visit my mom and bro, so Las Vegas = bust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweful, aweful, aweful. Hope you are ALL feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete