Rex became very interested in our camera this evening and after I showed him what button to push, he took about forty pictures.
Rex started out with lots of test shots to make sure the camera could handle the action. For example, could it capture the carpet spinning? Yes.
Then Rex moved on to modeling shots of his sister. Not a bad subject if you ask me.
Finally, it was time for some family portraiture. I have to admit, I am kind of loving this photo.
I wonder if Rex would enjoy one of those cameras made especially for kids? Then again, he can tell the difference between a toy and the real deal from a mile away and he always wants the real deal.
the kid ones take really grainy pics so if you want decent shots, and you have an older camera to spare or don't mind if it gets wrecked (Rex-ed) ;-), then I would let him play with the real one.
ReplyDeleteI agree. The kids ones make terrible pictures and end up being quite complicated to use. They ended up in the bottom of the toy box. If I had to do it again, I would have bought a cheaper adult one and let the kids use it.
ReplyDeleteAs someone who does a lot of photography, I have to say these are pretty cool shots! I LOVE the carpet spinning shot and the shot of sis is sweet...dreamy. And the shot of mama and dada with sis walking in the background is priceless. Honestly some of the best shots I've seen some of the best photographers take, can be off-center, grainy, blurry. I think it captures real life, instead of posed life. So I say get him a decent camera but one where you don't pay a lot for it (e.g. Craig's List, yard sale etc.).
ReplyDelete