Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11, 2011

Two years ago today, I cried my eyes out and literally sweated through my clothes in this Armenian courthouse as the judge grilled me about why we wanted to adopt Rex, how we would provide for him, why we chose a new name for him, why she should waive the 30 day wait, why I was crying, etc.  I think I was on the spot for maybe 20 minutes which felt like an eternity.


After court and with the judge's decision pending until the next day, we went to visit Rex at his orphanage.  He was so happy to be outside, but not sure about the swing at first.


It didn't take long until he began to enjoy it and feel safe with his daddy.


I really cannot believe it's been two years.  These first days in Armenia with Rex are so clearly etched into my memory, it all feels like yesterday.  

Rex spent 863 days as an orphan, 864 days in orphanage care.  Later this year, on my dad's birthday, the scales will tip in our favor and Rex will have been in our family one day longer than he was in state care.  One day and counting to forever.

2 comments:

  1. I am waiting for our scales to tip. It's going to be a while. Yea for Rex and Yea for you!

    I am so glad BG didn't require us at court. I would have been a mess for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a tough judge! Bravo on two years.

    ReplyDelete