When our family's new fall schedule went into effect at the beginning of this month, it was the first time that Craig and I had officially penciled ourselves in for exercise at least once a week. We realized that our own health frequently falls by the wayside amid the needs of our children and household, so we thought setting aside the time to work out upfront would make a difference.
Unfortunately, I must report that the first month of this experiment has been an epic fail. Craig made it to the YMCA to swim exactly one time in September. I had set what I considered a low goal of walking 30 miles which is just one mile per day. I tallied up my total distance today and it came to a whopping 6.7 miles. What an embarrassment. So, for October I am lowering my goal to 15 miles. We shall see what happens.
Now for those kind readers who sometimes email me and ask how I/we "do it all" here's your proof that we don't. Real exercise (not the chasing your kids or weeding your garden or scrubbing your toilet kind) is one thing that doesn't tend to happen for us these days. Sigh and we'll try again in October.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
same here. Last time i did any form of exercise other than riding bikes with the kids was before Calvin came home. Not enough time in the day for everything.
ReplyDeleteIt's not an epic fail, it's a good first step! Keep trying, it is so worth it to be stronger and have more energy, and I find I sleep better and worry less too. Maybe you're still settling into your schedule or you just need to find a different time of day or maybe you're doing everything right already and October will be easier.
ReplyDelete