Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Boxes For Big Sister Thank You

Have you ever wanted to see a mathematical representation of love?  If so, I've got one for you here:


Our thanks to all of the generous donors, friends and family and acquaintances from different countries and all areas of the U.S., who helped us raise $1455 toward the cost of Big Sister's adoption.  We feel so blessed by the support that has been extended to us as we prepare to add another member to our family.  One day Big Sis will read this blog and know how much she was loved even before she came home.

Money has been tight these last few months, not just in terms of finishing up this adoption, but also due to some other circumstances that have arisen unexpectedly and presented our family with an opportunity we could not pass up.  I cannot say more right now, except that the universe has our back.  In the midst of our financial bottleneck, Craig received a bonus last week at work and just today I got a call from Rex's school, letting me know his annual out-of-pocket insurance maximum has been reached, so we will have no co-pays for the remainder of the calendar year.  In other words, Rex's schooling and associated therapy are free to us until December 31.  In addition, his Prompt speech therapy will now be 100% covered through 2014.  I cannot tell you what a tremendous relief and help this is to us in this particular season of our lives.

And to my daughter-to-be I'll say this: It won't be long now until we're forever family.  You're coming into our lives at a crazy time and it isn't going be an easy transition for anyone, but I promise you that we will take good care of you, protect you, teach you, have fun together, and love you for always.

No comments:

Post a Comment