![]() |
| The bus picks her up at our driveway |
This week Emilia was more familiar with the daily schedule and better able to participate. There were still activities that exceeded her attention span, skills, and patience, but this week she used the playground equipment with the other children, made the hand motions to songs in circle time, used the restroom once, told classmates her name, chose an activity and stuck with it during Choice Time, wrote the letter E in small group instruction, independently cut with scissors in OT, and was more relaxed riding the bus.
First she painted this lovely picture which I intend to frame (I adore her color choices):
And then she worked on this one and when her teacher asked her what she was painting, Emilia answered, "A rainbow." Amazing.
I don't think Emilia realized I was there for the first 90 minutes of class yesterday and even when she did finally see me, she did not come over to be with me, but continued with her activity. I am going in for one more day next week and then my big little girl will be on her own. Sigh.

Yes, frame that one!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeletesweet.
ReplyDelete