Several weeks ago after a couple of semi-aimless clicks on the computer - you know how it goes - I came across this recipe for Almond Olive Oil Cake. Normally I would be freaked out by the idea of baking sweets with olive oil, but this cake had two of my favorite ingredients/flavors, almond and lemon, and looked super delicious and moist in the picture. So, I kept the link open and let it taunt me for a while. Finally, I decided to make the cake and it was fantastic with a fragrant and flavorful base and a crunchy topping.
I baked it on a Saturday afternoon and I am not ashamed to say that by Sunday night it had vanished into thin air... or more likely into an extra pound around our middles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yum. This reminds me of a pine nut tart I used to make.
ReplyDelete