Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Mooovinggg

So, I put the extra letters into the title of this blog to show you how slowly our move is progressing.  Craig and I have worked hard for the last month transporting our things to the new house one truckload at a time.  Last week, we kicked it up a notch and went to the new house at least once a day to drop things off and put them away.  This week is no different.

While at the new house, we always take care of little tasks to prepare to move in as well.  Whether it's hanging a shelf or installing door locks or painting a cabinet, these little handyman jobs add up in time and effort.  We do hope that once everything is ready, the house will be a comfortable and safe place for all of our children to grow up.

Last week, friends brought dinner and Christmas cheer to the new house which was so nice.  Since we knew it would be late for the kids to drive back after their visit, we decided to do a sleepover in the family room.  We made a fire and snuggled up on air mattresses.  I was so exhausted, I couldn't even properly think about the occasion of our first night together in the new house, so I guess I'll try again when the beds are moved.

Just before bedtime
Now, back to packing boxes.

1 comment:

  1. I think having a campout at the new house is occasion enough. :-) Happy moooooving.

    ReplyDelete