Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Reading Rocks!

Per her own initiation, Emilia and I have begun to study sight words (Dolch pre-primer list) and in the course of two weeks, she has learned to recognize ten words.  Most amazingly, it seems she only needs to be exposed to the word one time and she retains it.

Here are two videos from this morning.  She usually likes to keep her smarts under her hat, so it's not easy to get her to show off for the camera.



Emilia's expressive language also absolutely continues to grow.  She is confidently using the contraction "it's" now and has begun answering some questions with "yes."

Awesome sentences we have heard lately included, "Bless you", "I want inside.  Too hot sun", "Daddy come with me", (while reading The Giving Tree) "It's nice.  I wanna sit in tree", and (on the swing) "I wanna go faster."

4 comments:

  1. Viviane, were you a teacher in your life before kids? Because if you weren't, you should become one :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I wasn't, but I have been told many times I should have been a teacher, OT, counselor, social worker, judge... along those lines. I, on the other hand, dreamed of either being a CSI/coroner or a UN translator. Obviously, the universe sided with everyone else when it made me mother of my three treasures.

    ReplyDelete