| 25 months old |
* malnourished, anemic, failure to thrive, unrepaired heart defect
* nonverbal, unable to eat solids or chew, or control the muscles in her speech apparatus
* spent her days sitting in a corner rocking, sucking her thumb, clicking her mouth, covering her eyes and ears, whimpering inconsolably
* unable to endure physical closeness and affection
* developmentally delayed
* traumatized, sad, scared, neglected, weak
| Emilia's first night with us, her family |
NOW - November 14, 2015
* a tiny, healthy dynamo
* speaks in short sentences, sings songs, eats whatever she wants, albeit slowly
* spends her days playing, learning, interacting, and belly-laughing
* snuggle bug who says I love you
* developmentally delayed
* happy, observant, funny, sweet, active
Happy Together Forever Day, Emilia.
I will never forget
what you were like when I picked you up from the orphanage,
what you were like when I picked you up from the orphanage,
a lost and lonely wisp, a shadow of a child,
which means I will always be thankful for
and appreciate deeply what you are now.
and appreciate deeply what you are now.
You are so playful -
boots, umbrellas, hats and costumes are your daily picks for fun.
boots, umbrellas, hats and costumes are your daily picks for fun.
You are so funny -
there's not a day that goes by
you don't make me laugh with your antics or insight.
there's not a day that goes by
you don't make me laugh with your antics or insight.
You are so loving - your hugs and kisses are simply the best.
You are so joyful -
you delight in life's little pleasures
and remind us to be in the moment with you.
you delight in life's little pleasures
and remind us to be in the moment with you.
You are so beautiful - inside and out.



No comments:
Post a Comment