Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Sisterhood

My girls are like any other sisters.  They quibble daily and sometimes they don't play or share well, but they also love each other fiercely.  I have been told multiple times by staff at their school that when they see each other in the hall or in the restroom, they run into each others' arms and hug and kiss.

Big sis reading to little sis

A few nights ago, we heard Emilia crying in the wee hours. This isn't altogether uncommon as we think she has occasional nightmares. Usually when we check on her, she is asleep even though moments earlier was whimpering.  This time around when I went in to see her, I found both Ella and Emilia snuggled together in Emilia's bed, three blankets piled on top of them.  Emilia was semi-awake and continued to snivel even as I tried to comfort her. After a minute or two I said, "Look Emilia, Ella is right here with you.  She loves you and she will protect you."  Emilia turned her body toward Ella, took one look at her big sister, closed her eyes and went back to sleep.  Talk about melting a mama's heart.

In other sisterhood news, Ella spent quite a bit of time on providing safety messages for Emilia in our driveway.  What you can't see in the photo is that when you get to the end of our driveway where it meets the road, it says the word STOP really big.  Made me laugh out loud when I saw this creation.


And one day I checked in on the girls in their room.  They were sitting on the floor playing some made up game on the Candy Land board.  Ella looked up at me and said, "Mama, please don't bother us."  Okay then, daughters, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment