Sunday, December 13, 2015

Gingerbread Houses

I promised Ella that we would decorate gingerbread houses this weekend, so I sat up last night building them from graham crackers and icing.  I made four different structures, keeping in mind everyone's creative and fine motor abilities.  Earlier in the day I had stopped by Party City to get candy.  I bought 100 pieces for $6.70.  You can't beat that price for the gorgeous variety you get.


Soon after waking up this morning, we got started with our creative process.




I am very happy with the finished houses.  They look lovely on our fireplace mantle and reflect everyone's individual style and preferences.

Rex added his decorations by himself,
but kept it simple and down to earth.

Ella's over the top colorful and fun masterpiece
which is decorated on all sides

Emilia's favorite part was spreading the icing.
She spent easily 30 minutes on that task and loved it.
Her house affectionately reminds me of an East German bus stop.

My gingerbread house

We had a lot of fun together this morning and I'm glad we decided to decorate gingerbread houses this year.

1 comment:

  1. I love gingerbread houses. What fun! And how awesome that each one reflects its decorator. :)

    ReplyDelete