Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Dear Geneticist...

... over five years ago we sat in your office and you told us, after looking at his chromosomes and spending less than 30 minutes with him, all the things our son would never do.  Your words still replay in my head like a record from time to time, including this sentence, "Prepare to change your adult son's diapers."

Rex became potty-trained last week.

I wish I had had the presence of mind to tell you then, but I am here to tell you now:  Never underestimate the power of love and family, the determination and capabilities of any individual, or the size of a mother's dreams for her child.

Sincerely,

Mother of an awesome boy with a rare genetic anomaly


3 comments:

  1. Very well done to ALL of the family on this milestone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers for all of you! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your love for your children trascend this blog and makes me believe this world may not be all lost!

    ReplyDelete