Friday, July 7, 2017

The Cat In The Hat

The Children's Theater of Cincinnati put on a sensory-friendly performance of The Cat in the Hat tonight and we were there with bells on.  I am so pleased with the ever-increasing inclusion our city offers to residents with medical and developmental challenges.



And to paraphrase Dr. Seuss who was not writing about kids with special needs, but it applies nonetheless to our children (minus the whole box thing because we really don't keep them locked up):

"In this box are three things I will show to you now. 
You will like these three things,” 
Said the Cat with a bow. 
“I will pick up the hook. You will see something new. 
Three things. 
And I call them Thing One, Three and Two. 
These things will not bite you. 
They want to have fun.
Then, out of the box came Thing Two, Three and One!” 


No comments:

Post a Comment