Home school provides a great deal of flexibility, so Ella was able to take on her first paid job this week which means she's learning some valuable life lessons. She's a seasonal Mother's Helper watching our toddler cousin while his mom does some spring cleaning. She prepared for the job by understanding the expectations, asking me a lot of questions about how to make it a fun and safe time for our youngest cousin, and even tapping into the knowledge of her OT. She packed up a bag of tricks each day from toys to books and did her very best to keep the little guy happy. She took constructive suggestions after her first day on the job and implemented them today.
Ella was very proud to have earned her first dollars.
"Gentlemen, you may think it is a very little thing, and in these days it seems like a trifle, but it was the most important thing in my life. I could scarcely credit that I, a poor boy, had earned a dollar in less than a day and that I had earned it by honest work. The world seemed wider and fairer before me. I was more hopeful and confident than before."
-Abraham Lincoln
No comments:
Post a Comment