In East Germany where I grew up, women (and sometimes single dads and husbands whose wives were ill) were given one paid day off work per month to take care of their household chores and other family-related tasks, such as doctor well visits or car repairs. It was called Haushaltstag - housekeeping day. When I looked around our home earlier this week, I knew Ella and I needed to have a Haushaltstag today.
So at 8:45 after we put Rex and Emilia on the bus, we set off to work and completed the following tasks by 1:00 pm:
1) pick up all bedrooms
2) three loads of laundry, including sheets
3) sweep and shine hardwood floors in all bedrooms
4) cook our weekend dinners
5) vacuum all rugs
6) sweep downstairs floors
7) mop kitchen floor
8) clear off dining room table
9) clean guest bathroom
10) pick up family room and playroom
11) clear kitchen counters
12) deep clean kitchen sink and surrounding area
13) quick pick up in the basement
We also put in 40 minutes of neuro-developmental therapy and took a lunch break. We feel pretty accomplished and are watching a movie now to reward ourselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment