Sunday, October 28, 2018

Peter Pan

This weekend, Emilia and I had the pleasure of attending the Peter Pan ballet at Music Hall in Cincinnati.  The tickets had been generously provided to Emilia by a local charity that became aware of Emilia's love for ballet.  I was worried how Emilia would handle the full length, not sensory friendly performance, but she did beautifully.  She was alert and enchanted as the story evolved on stage and asked numerous times that the curtain not close.


Our seats had been assigned with Emilia's needs in mind and she had the option to sit or stand.  We would have also been able to exit easily should it have been necessary to do so.


After the performance, Emilia wanted to take a closer look at the orchestra pit and the stage and I was happy to oblige.


I'm so lucky that I got to spend such a wonderful afternoon with my little girl and see her face full of the joys of music and dance.  It's such a privilege to be with Emilia when she's carried away by magic and free, for a little while, of any care in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment