Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Orphanage Donations Part 1

I believe in accountability and, therefore, while we are awaiting our first trip to meet our son, I wanted to let everyone know how much of the fundraiser money has been spent to purchase orphanage donations. We have raised a total of $434 thus far and since I am now definitely buying for two orphanages, I am only going to use half of that amount for this adoption. If we raise more money later, I will make sure half of it gets to our son’s orphanage even if his adoption has already been completed.

Now without further ado, here is what I have purchased:

45 pairs of new socks from a local clearance center: $22.50
12 new diaper covers from a local clearance center: $1.20
8 boxes of crayons during back to school sales: $2.00
12 bottles of children’s vitamins: $40.56
10 boxes of Band-Aids from Ebay: $9.00
19 pieces of clothing from Ebay/Walmart: $12.70
4 tubes of children’s toothpaste on clearance $8.00
8 tubes of diaper ointment $17.92
3 tubes of Neosporin $11.82
2 packs of safety cotton swabs $3.16
4 board books $22.00


Half of these clothes I purchased are going with us, too.



In total, I have spent $150.86 of the $217 ($434/2). I am going to take all of the above donations as well as half of all the children’s clothes (mostly boys') that were given to us by generous mom-friends along on this first trip. Yes, one entire suitcase will be designated solely for orphanage gifts. After we speak to the orphanage director and staff, we will decide how to best use the remainder of the funds.

Thanks again to everyone who has participated in our fundraisers so far. I hope you feel that your contributions are being put to good use.

1 comment: