Monday, May 23, 2011

Another Baby Shower

I know I am woefully late in writing this entry, but I did not want to leave this chronicle of our adoption journey without a note about the wonderful baby shower my friends had for me a month ago. These women know me so well that they catered the entire shower to two of my favorite things: desserts and books.

The shower was held at The Burr House Bed & Breakfast which is owned and operated by my dear friend Cheryl and her husband. It’s a beautiful place and the Grand Kitchen was all set up for the shower:



Look at this scrumptious dessert bar to which all of the guests contributed one sweet treat. Of course, I tried them all from the snicker doodles to the lemon squares to the strawberry mousse torte. NomNomNom.




I had so much fun playing shower games and opening all the cards and gifts from my friends. Craig and I were richly blessed with provisions for our little ones, including a great variety of children’s books. If you know me, you know how much I enjoy reading and how much I am looking forward to sharing this life-long love of literature with my son and daughter. Here are the books we received which are now awaiting our children’s arrival in their room:

I am so lucky to have such caring, thoughtful women as my friends. I cannot thank them enough for this baby shower or, more importantly, for the support they and their husbands have given us throughout this adoption journey. It means so much to Craig and me that everyone is excited to meet our children and ready to welcome them into the fold of love, help, discussions, encouragement, laughter, challenges, and celebrations that we share with our friends.

1 comment:

  1. The desserts do looks scrumptious. And I love the books for your children. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete