Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Another Hurdle Overcome

After two failed attempts at getting our children’s I-800 applications past the automated scanner at the USCIS Texas lockbox, we finally got notice today that our third crack at it succeeded and our kids’ paperwork is now in process. According to our NBC agent, we are setting a precedent at USCIS adopting two unrelated children from two different countries on two separate I-800A approvals at exactly the same time. Sadly, this fact has cost us an entire month in our adoption journey because the scanner/staff at the lockbox simply couldn’t compute/comprehend the situation. Oh well, I am just happy we are one step closer now to bringing our little ones home. Fingers crossed that the provisional visa approvals will be issued in the first half of June.

4 comments:

  1. awesome glad you got some good news. We did hear that we couldn't have photos of Calvin either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least they're consistent :(. Wonder what brought on this new rule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes my skin boil!!! GRRR!!!! NBC has not impressed me at all!!!
    Glad to see that movement has been made!!
    Hugs:) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're moving right along.... finally. Sorry you had a delay. Hopefully now things will speed up. I'm hoping you cleared the way. Though ours will be 3 kids, 1 unrelated, 2 separate regions. Think they'll mess that up? LOL. Best wishes on your journey & you are one step closer! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete