Tuesday, July 12, 2011

He Is Ours

Today at 5:10 pm local time in the Eastern European capital that is our son's hometown a judge made it official: we are now the grateful and blessed parents of a 28 months old boy who is simply amazing.

Yes, there were moments of pure joy and elation in this adoption journey, but the nitty-gritty everyday of it was mostly clenched fists, grinding teeth, sweaty pits, knotted stomachs, asking why, asking when, asking how, countless tears, sleepless nights, begging phone calls, desperate emails, deep breaths, endless plugging along and waiting.

It must take a lot of pain to forge a miracle which has finally been completed today. A beautiful little boy is our son. What has been true in our hearts for 468 days has now been pronounced legal and binding and forever.

Per our agency's advice, I will not post any photos or the name of our little guy until he is safely home with us, so stay tuned.

8 comments:

  1. What joyful news! I can't read about your journey to bring your son home. (And soon your daughter!) This news made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and I can hardly wait for more! When is he coming home?? Best wishes on a safe journey. Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful news!!!! Hope you can get him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great joy and blessing for you, Craig and your new son. I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, "Mom"!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete