At the beginning of this year, my dear friend
Amie issued a challenge to walk 50 miles in January. I took her up on it and achieved the goal. Amie rewarded my effort with a gift certificate to one of my favorite ice-cream places,
Graeter's. And then she promptly challenged me to walk 50 miles every month for the remainder of the year. I told her I was out for that and only walked 35 miles in February, but then I got into the spirit in March and decided to take on the challenge after all.
This morning, I walked my last miles to complete Amie's challenge of 600 miles in 2011. Here's the breakdown: January 57, February 35, March 51.5, April 50.09, May 57.29, June 50.13, July 50, August 50.1, September 50.11, October 50.03, November 50.17, December 50.27. I did it and so did Amie! Now I need a new pair of gym shoes.
P.S. Amie, no challenges for 2012, please ;). Or wait, I should challenge you to something related to home-cooking... hmmm....
you guys are too funny. way to go though. Happy New Year
ReplyDeleteI think you are on to something there Viviane!! I love challenges!! I think we need to do a challenge for 2012 for walking too... I need motivation! Maybe my kiddos can ride their bikes while I walk!!
ReplyDeleteYay! Love this idea!! Especially if you get a reward at the end! (Other than just feeling and looking awesome!)
ReplyDeleteBrooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.com