Saturday, January 7, 2012

H2O Here We Go

Tonight it finally happened, the magical moment we waited and worked for over more than five months. Our son who used to kick and scream bloody murder at bath time, who needed to be washed as quickly as possible with as little water as possible, who was too scared to even go near a neighbor’s kiddie pool last summer, who would not stick his hands under a faucet or into a water bucket, who clearly had severe sensory if not traumatic issues with water… SAT DOWN IN THE TUB AND PLAYED.



Of course, I cried. And I laughed. And, as always, my heart swelled with pride and joy over this child who is simply coming around to life in his own time and his own way. He amazes us every day.

6 comments:

  1. I'm crying tears of joy with you, Viviane. I can't wait to have pool parties this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you and Rex! BIG steps!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Rex! These are the best moments:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I can't believe it! I know how happy you are. I've been there but definitely not as long as you were. So very excited for Rex. So, so many accomplishments in just the last few weeks. It truly is amazing. That little boy will be in the pool and not wanting to get out soon. Such momentous steps for Rex. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Rex!! Way to go little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best part is when they start fussing about having to get out. Then you know you have truly arrived! Congrats, such great news!

    ReplyDelete